June 26, 2015 – The first round of JVS Toronto’s Summer Company student businesses showcased their talent and entrepreneurial skills at Staples located at 3150 Dufferin Street in Toronto. Staples hosted this province-wide event in 20 locations to promote #Staples4Biz Summer Company and the entrepreneurial businesses of the student participants.
Summer Company, funded by the Ontario Government and delivered by JVS Toronto, teaches young entrepreneurs how to run their own business, including sales, marketing, invoicing, bookkeeping, customer relations, and management skills during this summer program. Summer Company also provides grants to student candidates to kick-start their own business, as well as arranging advice and mentorship from local business leaders, to get their business up and running.
Watch interviews with JVS Toronto’s Summer Company cohort.
JVS Toronto’s Summer Company participants presented information sessions that showcased their original business ideas and the products and services they developed over the past four weeks.
This year the youth-lead businesses included healthy dog treats, original art and jewellery designs, exclusive sports apparel, and employment services for small businesses.
Find out more about these Summer Company students and their companies by checking out their websites!
- The Rolling Woof – Healthy treats for dogs. Gluten-free, no artificial flavours, only 4 calories per treat!
- Deo Art – Oil paintings, film & fashion. Custom work at affordable prices.
- Peace, Love and Jewellery – Original jewellery design. Shop online for necklaces, custom rings and paintable earrings.
- SOHL Badminton – Selling high quality badminton rackets used by professionals, exclusive to Toronto.
- HR Aid – Employment solutions for small businesses. Consultation for management and employees on work-place rights, labour relations and human resources.