If you’re looking for a job, need support to start your own summer business, or need career guidance and counselling, we have the services to help.
We offer programs for highschool and post-secondary students, young entrepreneurs, and at-risk youth looking to enter for the workforce. Take a look at our programs below to find how we can help you take the next step in your career.
Youth Job Link
Explore career options and find your first job
If you’re currently in high-school or post-secondary studies and are looking for your first job, Youth Job Link is for you. Getting a job is hard if you have no previous work experience. This program is designed to explore career options that suit your personality and abilities, give you the skills to search for jobs and get hired, and even connect you to employment opportunities in your community.
You will get:
- Career exploration workshops to explore labour market trends and potential career paths
- Job search workshops to hone your employment skills and get hired
- Job matching to employment opportunities in your community
You are eligible for Youth Job Link if you are:
- Between the ages of 15 – 29
- A resident of Ontario
- Eligible to work in Ontario
This program is available to all who fit the above criteria, however it is especially beneficial to student youth who have had trouble finding a job due to their location or available resources.
To find out more, contact:
(905) 470-9675 ext. 2002
Youth Job Connection
Overcome barriers to employment
If you’re facing challenges to finding or keeping a job, Youth Job Connection will help you get the training, education or experience needed to get hired. Youth Job Connection is an intensive twelve month program that prepares you for employment.
You will get:
- Paid pre-employment workshops
- Job placement and mentorship
- Help transitioning to further education or employment
You are eligible if you are:
- Aged 15 – 29
- Not working, in school or in training
Typically, indigenous youth, recent immigrants, youth living with disabilities, limited work experience or low levels of education benefit from Youth Job Connection. You can read more about the program here.
To find out if you are the right fit, call us at:
(416) 636-2481 ext. 1756
Start-up funding and support for student entrepreneurs
Learning how to run your own student business is one of the best summer jobs you can have. You get to be your own boss while learning what it takes to manage a business. Sales, marketing, invoicing, bookkeeping, customer relationship, management — these are just a few of the highly useful skills you will develop. Summer Company is delivered by JVS Toronto with funding from the Government of Ontario.
Summer Company takes place over a 10 to 14 week period from June to Labour Day at the JVS Jane Finch and Scarborough Employment Source locations. Participants will experience the full cycle of running a business including planning, start-up and day-to-day operations.
Throughout the summer there will be a number of group and individual sessions where participants will meet with local business leaders and fellow participants to talk about their challenges and experiences as an entrepreneur. Successful applicants will receive advice and mentoring from local business leaders, as well as a grant worth up to $3,000 to help offset start-up costs.
Watch interviews with JVS Toronto’s Summer Company cohort.
You could be eligible, if you:
- go to high school, college or university
- live in Ontario
- are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- are between 15-29 years old (if under 18: a parent needs to sign the application)
- are not already running a business
- are not working at another job or going to school for more than 12 hours a week during the program
- are returning to school after the program ends
Apply online to become a student entrepreneur:
Summer Company Website
Toronto Youth Job Corps (TYJC)
Intensive training and employment preparation program
If you are between the ages of 16 and 29 and are out of school and out of work, JVS Toronto can help! This program connects you to the workplace through education, training and employment by focusing on developing important life and employment skills that will ensure future success.
This program is best suited to youth who need extra one-to-one employment counselling and support to find and keep a job.
Toronto Youth Job Corps is delivered in two components from the Jane Finch Employment Source:
- A five-week pre-employment preparation using a combination of activities including workshops and a paid component working on a community paint project.
- A 16 to 24 week subsidized work placement with an employer tied to your interests and skills
Contact us today for more information:
Not getting any job offers? Our employment experts will help you get hired!
If you’re 15 to 29 years old, our employment specialists meet with you one-on-one to determine your specific needs. Together, we’ll create a winning resume, connect you to employers looking for candidates, and help you get hired faster.
What you get:
- Resume preparation
- Interview skills
- Job search support
To find out how we can help you, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
One-on-one job search support and counselling
Youth Reach serves youth who have experienced conflict with the law and are in need of one-on-one employment counselling or referrals to appropriate community resources. Participants are provided with a variety of resources and services designed to help them overcome barriers to employment success.
Youth Reach offers:
- Assistance with identifying skills, interests and barriers to employment
- Referrals to appropriate programs and services
- Resume writing and job search assistance
- Guidance to access employment supports through the Ontario Disability Support Program if eligible
You are eligible for Youth Reach if you:
- Are between 15 and 30 years old
- Live in Toronto or York Region
- Have a history of conflict or are at-risk of being in conflict with the law
- Unemployed and looking for work
Contact: Send us an email, or call the location closest to you for more information. email@example.com