Volunteer with JVS Toronto to help us achieve our vision that every individual has opportunities for employment in Toronto and York Region.
Volunteering at JVS Toronto enables you to give back to the community by sharing your knowledge and experience or gain meaningful work experience. Our volunteer opportunities include the Board of Directors, Board committees, and employment, employer, newcomer, youth, and disability services. As a JVS Toronto volunteer, you greatly contribute to jobseekers reaching their potential, employers building the workforce they need to be successful, and students performing at their best.
To apply to be a volunteer: please fill out the Volunteer & Student Application Form and send to email@example.com along with your resume. For more information on volunteering please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 416-649-1636.
JVS Toronto proudly supports college, university, and post-graduate students gain hands-on meaningful workplace experience. Placements are available for students enrolled in the following areas of study:
- Career and Work Counselling
- Criminal Justice System and Community Services
- Development Service Worker
- Job Development
- Social Services Worker
- Social Worker
- Psychological Assessments –must be on a Registration path to satisfy the requirements of supervision as stipulated by the College of Psychologists of Ontario
- Your school name
- The name of the program you are currently enrolled in
- The start and end dates of your placement
- The total number of required hours
- Your preferred working days of the week
- Your preferred area of interest (Employment Services (EO), Disability Services, Newcomer Services, Youth Services, Psychological Services)