Volunteer with JVS Toronto to help us achieve our vision that every individual has opportunities for employment in Toronto and York Region.
Volunteering at JVS Toronto enables you to give back to the community by sharing your knowledge and experience or gain meaningful work experience. Our volunteer opportunities include the Board of Directors, Board committees, and employment, employer, newcomer, youth, and disability services. As a JVS Toronto volunteer, you greatly contribute to jobseekers reaching their potential, employers building the workforce they need to be successful, and students performing at their best.
To apply to be a volunteer: please fill out the Volunteer & Student Application Form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your resume. For more information on volunteering please contact us at email@example.com or at 416-649-1636.
Want to make a difference and engage in professional development along the way? With our pre-arrival program, Canada InfoNet, you will have the opportunity to share your passion, knowledge and experience with newcomer or immigrating professionals while developing resume worthy leadership and communication skills at the same time.
To become a mentor, you should:
- Be passionate about sharing your experience and knowledge with new and potential Canadians.
- Have at least 2 years experience in your field.
- Be able to commit at least 1 hour a week for 8 weeks.
JVS Toronto proudly supports college, university, and post-graduate students gain hands-on meaningful workplace experience. Placements are available for students enrolled in the following areas of study:
- Career and Work Counselling
- Criminal Justice System and Community Services
- Development Service Worker
- Job Development
- Social Services Worker
- Social Worker
- Psychological Assessments –must be on a Registration path to satisfy the requirements of supervision as stipulated by the College of Psychologists of Ontario
To apply: please fill out and submit the Volunteer & Student Application Form along with a resume and cover letter containing the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Your school name
- The name of the program you are currently enrolled in
- The start and end dates of your placement
- The total number of required hours
- Your preferred working days of the week
- Your preferred area of interest (Employment Services (EO), Disability Services, Newcomer Services, Youth Services, Psychological Services)