We’ve collected links to all the resources you’ll need to plan the next steps of your career: job search websites, career exploration tools, educational resources and links to community services across Toronto.
All of these resources are free to use, and can help you make important education, training or career planning decisions.
Find a job
JVS Toronto Job Seekers Gateway – A site that helps you manage your career, assess your skills, and find a job.
Work Search – Human Resources and Skills Development Canada has designed this site to help Canadians search for work on-line and develop effective work search strategies.
The National Occupation Classification – the authoritative resource on occupational information in Canada. It is used daily by thousands of people to understand the jobs found throughout Canada’s labour market.
283 Free Resume Templates – MS Word templates In chronological, functional, and combination formats. A variety of traditional, modern, and creative designs.
LiveCareer Resume Templates by Industry and Job Title.
These boards are job aggregators, where you can search multiple boards simultaneously:
Eluta.ca – Official job search engine of the Canada’s Top 100 Employers® project
Indeed – Search job sites, newspapers, associations and company career pages.
Neuvoo – Search for jobs across Toronto by industry, company, or skills required.
- Listings of Employment Agencies in Canada
- Great Connections Employment Services Inc — 5050 Dufferin Str, Unit 109, Toronto, (416) 850-5060
- Pivotal Integrated HR Solutions – 100 Cowdray Court #328, Scarborough (416) 285-1500
- Apple One – 120 Adelaide Street West, Suite 420, Toronto(416) 363-1663
- Ambit Search — 401 Bay Street, Toronto, ON M5H 2Y4 (416) 703-5050
- Ace Recruiters Canada Inc — 3300 Hwy 7, Thornhill (905) 760-1174
- People Store Staffing Solutions Inc — 67 Yonge St, Toronto (416) 214-5566
- Nasco Staffing Solutions — 250 The Esplanade, Toronto (416) 653-2560
- Canadian Recruiting Services Inc. — 2104 Yonge St., Toronto (416) 482-8491
- Alpha North Group — 5859 Yonge Street, Suite 107, Toronto (647) 427-4923
Starting a Business
Starting a Business: Writing a Business Plan – Informative 3 minute video about writing a business plan.
101 Small Business Ideas – Stuck on what kind of business to start? Check out this link.
Online Business Registration – When you’re ready to register your business click the link for details on your next steps.
How to Improve Your Business Plan – Want to make your business plan better? Click the link to find out how you can make your plan stand out.
211 Toronto – Your connection to information about community, social, health and government services
Toronto Virtual Reference Library – The Virtual Reference Library (VRL) is designed to deliver reference and information services through the use of advanced information and telecommunications technologies.
- Working In Canada describes itself as “the Government of Canada’s leading source for labour market information. It offers users, free and authoritative occupational and career information such as educational requirements, main duties, wage rates and salaries, current employment trends and outlooks.” It includes The National Occupation Classification (NOC), which is the main Canadian occupational reference, containing over 30,000 detailed job titles.
- Alberta Occupational Profiles — OCCinfo© presents up-to-date information about occupations in 500 detailed Canadian profiles.
- The Government of Manitoba offered an excellent online self assessment tool that is worth exploring.
Career & Education Planning
- Ontario Job Futures provides information on current trends and future outlooks for around 200 occupations common in Ontario.
- Employment Profile provides information about graduate outcomes and satisfaction to help people choose programs at Ontario’s publicly-funded colleges.
- Ontario Skills Passport provides descriptions of essential skills and work habits important for success in work, learning and life.