Career counselling at JVS Toronto will help you identify your interests, skills, personality, and values to build a clear picture of what will make you feel happy and fulfilled in your career.
Career exploration and counselling is an in-depth examination of what makes you unique. Our professional career coaches can provide you with a plan, based on your results, that will help you to feel confident in your career direction and support you in your job search.
Do I Need Career Counselling?
There are two types of people who really benefit from career counselling: students who are unsure of what to study or what they’re good at, and adults who want a career change but are unsure which direction to take. If you have had trouble in these areas, you’re not alone.
Whether you’re still in school or already working, Career Exploration at JVS Toronto will put you on the path to a career you love.
What You’ll Get When You Use Our Job Coaching Services
- A Career Assessment Profile – a summary of your skills, interests, personality and values to help you determine what occupations you are best suited for.
- Resources and tools to assist you in making informed career choices.
- Advice on the education and training required to help you reach your career goals.
- Information about specific job and career paths that are realistic, attainable and match your life goals.
Our services are $180 per hour. Subsidies are available to those who qualify.
How Career Exploration and Counselling Work?
Career counselling at JVS Toronto teaches you how to make good career decisions. While everyone will have different outcomes, the process of creating a personalized career path can be broken down into four components:
- Interests. We all like different things, but what activities truly motivate you? An Interest Inventory will allow you to discover what you enjoy doing and which of those interests can become the foundation for your future career path.
- Skills. To be successful at a job you need to know the difference between what you’re interested in and what you’re likely to be good at. A Skills Assessment will help you clarify your competency areas and identify skills for development.
- Values. We’d all like to be rich, creative, secure, and help others, but which are truly the most valuable to you? By inventorying your values, you will discover what is most important for you to have a meaningful life.
- Personality. Your personality has a huge role in determining what jobs you will be successful at. You will learn how to leverage your natural strengths to identify a career path that suits you.
Each component will be explored in a one-on-one session with your Career Counsellor. By the final session, you will have identified the top three career options matching your interests, skills, values, and personality. From here, you will leave with an action plan to build on.
Why Should I Work with JVS Toronto to Find a New Career Path?
Since 1947, JVS Toronto has empowered individuals from diverse backgrounds and communities to work, make meaningful contributions and build careers. We have extensive experience providing job search support, employment counselling, training, mentoring, job coaching and retention, as well as career counselling and recruitment services.
Find Your New Career with Help from JVS Toronto
For more information about Career Exploration and Counselling at JVS Toronto, use this form to contact us and discover a job you will love!