Whether you’re still in school or already working, it’s never too late to put yourself on the path to a career you love.
Career counselling at JVS Toronto will help you identify your interests, skills, personality and values to build a clear picture of what will make you feel happy and fulfilled in your career.
Do I need career counselling?
There are two types of people who really benefit from career counselling: students who are unsure of what to study or what they’re good at, and adults who want a career change but are unsure which direction to take. If you have had trouble in these areas, you’re not alone.
You will get:
- A Career Assessment Profile – a summary of your skills, interests, personality and values to help you determine what occupations you are best suited for.
- Resources and tools to assist you in making informed career choices.
- Advice on the education and training required to help you reach your career goals.
- Information about specific job and career paths that are realistic, attainable and match your life goals.
How it works?
Career counselling at JVS Toronto teaches you a system for making good career decisions. While everyone will have different outcomes, the process of creating a personalized career path can be broken down into four components:
- Interests. We all like different things, but what activities truly motivate you? An Interest Inventory will allow you to discover what you enjoy doing and which of those interests can become the foundation for your future career path.
- Skills. To be successful at a job you need to know the difference between what you’re interested in and what you’re likely to be good at. A Skills Assessment will help you clarify your areas of competency and identify skills for development.
- Values. We’d all like to be rich, creative, secure, and help others, but which are these are truly the most valuable to you? We often chase things only to find they don’t always make us happy. By doing an inventory of your values, you will discover what is most important for you to have a meaningful life.
- Personality. What makes you unique? Your personality has a huge role in determining what jobs you will be successful at. You will learn how to leverage your natural strengths to identify a career path that suits you.
Each component will be explored in a one-on-one session with your Career Counsellor. By the final session, you will have identified the top three career options that match your interests, skills, values, and personality; and leave with an action plan to build on.
$150 per hour. Subsidized payments are available to those who qualify.
Online services available. To know if you could benefit from Career Exploration and Counselling, contact us at email@example.com.