Information interviews are one-on-one meetings you can request (in person / online) to learn more about another person’s job, organization, sector and industry. This can be used as an effective tool in your Canadian job search process.
When you’re a newcomer to Canada, building professional connections and conducting information interviews is a great way to find opportunities that could lead to employment. Having conversations with professionals in your field for information and career growth should be part of your job search and is an effective way to network and build your personal brand.
CanPrep program offers insightful e-Learning modules that cover topics like Information Interviews, Online Networking, Canadian Resume and Cover Letter.
This interactive webinar presented by the Toronto Region Immigrant Employment Council (TRIEC) in partnership with JVS Toronto (CanPrep), shares insights from employers on how to network and build social capital through information interviews focusing on what you can do prior to your arrival in Canada.
After viewing the webinar, you will:
- Identify how to use information interviews to enhance your job search before coming to Canada
- Learn about approaches you can take to arrange and conduct information interviews prior to arriving
- Understand the value of information interviews from the perspective of employers
Click on the “Play” button to view the webinar. Watch out for our follow-up blog post on this topic where we respond to some Frequently Asked Questions on Information Interviews in Canada.
- Anna Kostecka, Manager, Learning Initiatives, TRIEC
- Melissa Magder, Senior Manager, Inclusion, Scotiabank
- Peter Hawkins, Owner, MELLOHAWK Logistics
- Irene Vaksman, Director, Newcomer Services, JVS Toronto