Are you immigrating to Canada? We will help you quickly connect to a career in the province you are moving to.
Start preparing for employment before arriving in Canada! CanPrep is a free employment program designed for internationally trained individuals relocating to Canada in the next two to 12 months. You’ll learn how to conduct a job search in Canada, participate in online mentoring, learn how to be successful in the Canadian workplace, gain understanding of your industry or sector in Canada, connect with employers and apply for jobs. Your Employment Counsellor/Mentoring Coach will guide you through the program. They will identify the exact services you need and support you through every step of the process. Services are provided in either English or French.
This program ensures you arrive in Canada well-prepared to connect with potential employers and find positions that fully use your skills and education.
CanPrep will help you find a career in Canada if you have:
- An approved Canadian immigrant visa
- Plans to relocate to Canada in the next two to 12 months
- Ability to write and communicate in English or French
- Availability to commit and participate in the program
- Access to the Internet
In-depth Employment Preparation
CanPrep offers a flexible service approach based on your exact employment preparation needs. Working with your Employment Counsellor/Mentoring Coach, services include:
These e-learning modules cover the essential knowledge areas of a successful job search.
English modules include:
- Job search
- Skills Assessment
- Goals and Creating a Plan
- Cover Letters
- Networking in Canada
- Online Networking
- Information interviews
- Interviewing – Part 1 and 2
French modules include:
- Évaluer vous-même (Assess Yourself)
- Explorer des carrières (Explore Careers)
- Créer un Plan (Create a Plan)
- Etablir des buts (Set Goals)
- Développer les compétences (Expand Skills)
- Trouver un emploi (Find a Job)
E-mentoring offers occupation-specific, individual and group mentoring through a mentor located in your destination province. This interactive mentoring forum provides critical occupation and career information to better integrate you into the Canadian workplace.
This e-learning component builds your understanding of the cultural and communication nuances of the Canadian workplace. It will help you through the early stages of your job and beyond.
Connect to employers looking to hire through an online job matching platform. Webinars are available featuring employers who speak about industry and sector-specific topics.
Why choose JVS Toronto?
JVS Toronto is an award-winning leader in providing online pre-arrival programs for internationally trained professionals. Here’s what participants said about their experience with the pilot.
Apply to CanPrep
Each eligible principal applicant, spouse and adult dependent wishing to register in the CanPrep Program should do so individually. Once you (as the principal applicant) complete your registration, you can continue registering other eligible family members in the CanPrep Program.
A few points to keep in mind:
There is no save feature on this registration form. If you close this form before completing the registration process, your information will not be saved. Upon successful registration, you will be contacted by our staff within 5 business days.
Before registering, you will need the following:
- You will need to have your Client ID Number / Unique Client Identifier (UCI)
- You will also need to provide one of the following documents confirming your eligibility:
- an IRCC invitation to obtain pre-arrival services, or
- a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) letter/document, or
- a passport request letter that indicates Permanent Resident visa issuance, or
- a Single Entry Permanent Resident Visa, or
- a Permanent Resident Visa pick up notification letter
We strongly recommend that you upload your proof of eligibility immediately upon registration. If not, our staff will request it from you to confirm your eligibility.
Fields marked with a (*) must be completed in order for the application to be successfully sent. If you are having technical issues with this form, please contact us directly at: email@example.com
Need more information about CanPrep?
Contact: Illiana Tzekova at firstname.lastname@example.org
CanPrep is offered in collaboration with: