International Skills Applied for Geriatrics (ISAGE)
A Bridge Training Program for International Healthcare and Educational Professionals
ISAGE is an innovative alternative career bridge training program that supports internationally trained Doctors, Nurses, Teachers, Social Workers, Psychologists, or other healthcare professionals to explore employment in the high demand field of Social Services for Geriatrics.
This 12-week online program includes:
- Academic components delivered by George Brown College
- Essentials of Counselling
- Fundamentals of Gerontology
- Employment support components delivered by JVS Toronto
- Sector-specific workplace essentials: CPR, Dementia Care and Gentle Persuasive Approach Certificate from Alzheimer Society of Toronto, Food Handling Certificate, Active Aging Certificate from CanFitPro
- One-on-one job search and career coaching
- Employer networking sessions with Healthcare/Senior Care professionals
- 70 – 420 hours work placements
Open to Permanent Residents, Canadian Citizens (less than 10 years in Canada), refugee claimants, Convention Refugees with a valid work permit and Ukrainian Newcomers (CUAET visa holders). English language proficiency of CLB 7 or higher.
For more information on ISAGE, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-649-1611.