JVS Toronto is an approved service provider of the Canada – Ontario Job Grant through our five Employment Services locations in the City of Toronto and York Region.
The Canada – Ontario Job Grant (COJG) offers a range of skills training services to employers and individuals. The objective is to support workforce development and encourage greater employer involvement in training through cost sharing arrangements to train individuals. In this grant subsidized program, employers choose the individuals receiving training and the training that meets their workforce development needs. This program helps employers support their trainees (including existing employees and new hires) to develop skills they need to find and maintain employment.
JVS Toronto’s team will guide employers through the COJG application process to support the training of current or new employees who are eligible for funding.
What is the maximum that an employer can receive for training?
The Canada – Ontario Job Grant will fund, on average, two thirds of a workers eligible training costs, to a maximum of $10,000. Eligible training costs include tuition and fees, textbooks and materials.
What are the requirements?
Your business must:
- Contribute at least one third of the training costs for each individual participating in training
- Employ the worker you plan to train
- Be licensed to operate in Ontario
- Have insurance, and comply with labour and human rights legislation
- Training and the job must be in Ontario
Who can get trained?
- Have an employer to sponsor them
- Be a resident of Ontario
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or protected person
- Not be already taking full-time education or training
For information on the Canada-Ontario Job Grant click here or call 1-800-387-5656.
To access this funding, contact:
Funding provided by the Government of Canada through the Canada Job Grant. Programs delivered by the Government of Ontario.