We are currently seeking a new Board Member who is enthusiastic and motivated to share his/her expertise and skills. This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who is passionate about the value of employment, particularly for those who face barriers to procuring a job. Our Board of Directors is a “working” Board; its members provide expertise on an advisory basis to support the efforts of our executive management team. The projects undertaken are challenging and engaging – and involve discussion and work at a high level. See our About page to learn more about JVS Toronto.
If you are motivated, willing to commit and looking to serve as a Board Member of JVS Toronto, visit our Volunteer page for instructions on how to apply. Application deadline is April 15, 2018.
We are looking for individuals with expertise in:
- Change Management
- Government Relations
- Strategic Planning
- Support the agency’s Mission, Vision, and Values
- Attendance at 8-10 board meetings a year
- Participate in committee work and attend committee meetings
- Attend additional meetings as required and needed, such as strategic planning meetings, Volunteer Recognitions Events, etc.
- Contribute expertise, participating and supporting new initiatives/events/projects as needed
- Assistance with fundraising