Building your career was hard enough. Now imagine having to start all over again.
Every year, thousands of internationally trained engineers, architects, finance, business and IT professionals settle in Canada looking for a safe and secure life for their families. Newcomers to Canada are often highly educated and experienced but lack the connections, local knowledge and professional support needed to succeed.
This is where you can make a difference. Be an online mentor with JVS Toronto’s Canada InfoNet.
Sharing your professional knowledge and advice can have a huge impact on a newcomer’s life and put them on the path to success. If you’ve got professional expertise in a specific field or industry, we will match you with an international newcomer who is already working in that field and planning to immigrate to Canada.
A mentor offers:
- Industry specific insights into Canadian workplace culture and trends
- Information about professional licensing, credential and educational requirements
- Job search support
- Professional language and terminology
- Information on professional associations or networking opportunities
- General advice on settling in Canada
The benefits of being a mentor:
- Gain coaching and leadership skills
- Expand your professional network
- Establish yourself as an expert in your field
How mentoring works:
Mentoring one hour a week for 10 weeks is all it takes to help an internationally trained professional immigrating to Canada build their career. Our online platform canadainfonet.org, makes it easy to connect with a mentee working in your profession through a private discussion board. All mentoring is done online.
Become an online mentor
Share your insight with someone who respects and values your experience. Contact us to learn more about becoming a mentor.