(Immigrant Professionals Leveraging Architectural Knowledge for New Opportunities)
A Bridge Training Program for International Architectural Professionals
IPLAN allows you to build on your international education and work experience by gaining the knowledge and skills necessary to successfully integrate into the architectural workplace in Canada. Delivered over 14 weeks at Ryerson University and JVS Toronto, this program’s unique blend of academic and workplace training will prepare you for your career in architecture and get you hired faster!
- Three architectural courses at Ryerson University
- Sector-specific employment workshops at JVS Toronto
- Licensing information
- Mentoring, internships and work placements
- Job search coaching and support
- High level of English language proficiency (CLB 8). Language training is available to applicants who require additional education prior to starting the program.
- Undergraduate degree in architecture from a university outside Canada. Applicants with an equivalent degree in a related field may also be considered.
- At least two years of work experience in architecture or a related field (paid or volunteer) obtained outside Canada.
The next session begins September 10, 2018.
Contact us today for fees and more information:
JVS Toronto delivers this unique program in partnership with Ryerson University and Ontario Tourism Education Council.
Can’t make it to our classes in person? JVS Toronto offers an online version of the IPLAN program. Offered to permanent residents and conventional refugees internationally trained in the field of architecture, IPLAN Online is a series of sector-specific information sessions on the architecture industry in Canada; including technological advances such as architectural software, legal aspects and building code, wood and cold climate construction, licensing information and more.