JVS Toronto has been providing school psychology services for 50 years.
A full range of school psychology services are available to public school boards, Jewish day schools and private schools. Packages are offered to meet a variety of needs and maximize budgets.
These service packages are targeted specifically to schools and education boards.
To find individual assessments for children and adults, click here.
Full Service Package
This allows the broadest range of services, most flexibility for your schools and ensures nimble response to your needs on an on-going basis. Services include:
- Psychoeducational assessments
- Ongoing formal and informal consultations
- Close collaboration with your special education staff
- Support for Individual Education Plans
- Specialized assessments when needed, e.g. Autism Spectrum Disorder, Anxiety, Behaviour, etc.
- Professional development for teachers
- Attendance at team meetings
- Access to our Chief Psychologist and Senior Psychological Associate
Standard Assessment Package
When there are concerns about a student’s learning or ability to attend and concentrate in class, one of our experienced Psychoeducational Consultants will conduct a comprehensive assessment on-site at your school. Services include:
- Psychoeducational Assessments conducted at your school to investigate learning and attentional concerns; social-emotional screening as required
- Includes OSR review and information-gathering from teachers
- Comprehensive written report
- One feedback meeting with parents and/or school staff
- Supplementary services can be purchased at an additional fee: e.g. classroom observation, additional feedback sessions
- Packages available:
- Individual Assessments – Purchase one to four assessments
- Assessment Package – Purchase five to 14 assessments per school year
- Assessment Plus Package – Purchase 15 or more assessments per year
This will provide your school with formal opportunities for expert consultation regarding a broad range of individual, small group or classroom challenges. Services include:
- Post-assessment follow-up
- Discussion and problem solving, design of interventions
- Attendance at team meetings
- Participation in parent and/or teacher meetings
- Interpretation of outside reports
- Support for creating Individual Education Plans
Psychoeducational Assessments for Children with Complex Needs
This package will help you address the needs of children with complex challenges that are beyond the scope of standard assessments. Specialized assessments include investigation of the following issues such as anxiety, Autism Spectrum Disorder and social-emotional-behavioural challenges. Assessments are conducted in-school assessment with comprehensive evaluations. A written report and one feedback session is included.
JVS Toronto is happy to work with you to create customized services to address a wide range of other needs at your school. These may include:
- Cogmed Working Memory Training
- Anxiety Treatment (individual or group)
- Stress Buster Groups
- Student workshops
- Screening assessments for Jewish Day Schools
- Updated assessments for transition to secondary school
- Updated assessments for transition to post-secondary school
- Career Planning
- Professional Development Workshops
- Parent Workshops
Why JVS Toronto is your best option
JVS Toronto has 52 years’ experience providing award-winning School Psychology Services to our community’s public schools and Jewish Day Schools at a competitive price.
Since 1947, JVS Toronto continues to play a vital role in Toronto and York region ensuring that jobseekers reach their potential at work, employers build the workforce they need to be successful, and students perform at their best.
Qualified, Experienced Staff
Our Psychoeducational Consultants are:
- Qualified to deliver and assess psychoeducational evaluations
- Knowledgeable practitioners of school psychology
- Specialists in areas such as Autism Spectrum Disorder, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, mental health concerns, behavioural challenges and more
- Experienced in consulting and supporting educators
- Advisors and consultants to your school’s leadership team and have built close working relationships from consistent assignments
- Supporters of the importance a Jewish education provides
Covered in your fees are:
- Cost of testing equipment, materials and protocols worth tens of thousands of dollars
- Innovative technology to ensure service delivery is always current
- Replacement staff to cover absences of your designated Psychoeducational Consultant
- Access to a critical response team if ever required
- Team supervision by a registered member of the College of Psychologists of Ontario
- Staffing overhead such as hiring, training, payroll and benefit administration and supervision
Contact us to obtain our current fee structure.
For more information on our services for schools, contact: