Are you a recent newcomer to Canada? We have the services that will help you find a job!
We offer a variety of programs that will improve your English language skills, understand the Canadian labour market, teach you workplace and business etiquette, and help you use your international education and training to start your career in Canada.
Learn more about our services for newcomers and recent immigrants below.
Enhanced Language Training
Canadian Workplace Communications for Internationally Educated Professionals
Reach your full potential in the Canadian workplace! This program offers internationally educated professionals with backgrounds in banking, finance, architecture and information technology to improve their English language and workplace communication skills.
- Improve your industry specific language and workplace communication including pronunciation, business writing, telephone, meeting and presentation skills
- Build and expand your professional network
- Meet Canadian employers, industry experts and other professionals right in your classroom
- Connect with a mentor in your field ; gain access to job opportunities and internships
- Receive one-on-one support from Certified Language Instructors, Employment Counsellors and Job Developers
The next session begins August 9, 2017. To register, contact:
(416) 649-1700 or (416) 649-1705
(Immigrant Professionals Leveraging Architectural Knowledge for New Opportunities)
Canadian bridge training for internationally educated architects
IPLAN is your bridge to employment in Architecture in Canada . Designed specifically for internationally educated professionals in architecture, this 14-week program provides participants with an opportunity to build upon their international education and work experience by gaining the knowledge and skills necessary to successfully integrate into the Canadian workplace.
JVS Toronto delivers this unique program in partnership with Ryerson University, Ontario Tourism Education Council and Career Edge Organization.
- High level of English language proficiency (CLB 8)
- Undergraduate degree in architecture or its equivalent from a university outside of Canada
- At least 2 years of work experience in architecture or a related field (paid or volunteer) obtained outside of Canada
- Applicants with an equivalent degree in a related field may also be considered for admission
September 11 – December 15, 2017
Contact us today for fees and more information:
Job Search Workshop
This program provides internationally educated professionals with the necessary tools to integrate into the Canadian job market and reach realistic employment goals. Services include employment counselling and support, job search assistance through pre-employment workshops and one-on-one coaching, and work experience placements.
Contact us today for upcoming sessions:
TRIEC Mentoring Partnership
Find a mentor to help you progress your career in Canada.
If you are an immigrant with a professional background, TRIEC Mentoring Partnership* can help you reconnect with your career with the support of a mentor who works in your field, in Canada. By talking to a mentor who shares your professional background and knows how the local labour market works, you can get a head start on your journey to success in Canada. In fact, 75% of participants find a job in their professional field within one year.
You should sign up for the program if you:
- Have 2+ years of international experience in your professional field
- Have lived in Canada for less than five years
- Are unemployed or underemployed and looking to reconnect with your career
A mentor can help you:
- Understand Canadian industry trends
- Develop more effective job search strategies
- Build your professional network
- Find ways of leveraging your experience and skills
Interested? Contact Andrada Peta-Dragos to learn how to sign-up
*JVS Toronto is a partner in TRIEC Mentoring Partnership – a program of the Toronto Region Immigrant Employment Council delivered by 12 community partners across the GTA, including JVS Toronto.
Looking for more career coaching and preparation services?
Visit our Career Exploration page to find a program that’s right for you.